Saturday, November 23, 2013

My Birthday At Painting With A Twist

Well, it's official! I am 26 years of age! 
For some reason, it has me totally freaked out! I feel like such an old lady!
Gotta have a 26 year old selfie! ;)

I had a GREAT birthday. I celebrated with family and my bestie Lauren at a place called Painting With A Twist.
I'm sure most of you have heard of places like that. Seems like every corner in our area has one now! 
For those of you who don't know...and you SO need to know about these places...it's a place that's perfect for girl's nights, birthdays, Mother's Day, or anything like that.
You pay an amount ($35 for us each) and you are supplied with a canvas, paint, brushes, and a 2 hour paint class that will at the end have you feeling like Pablo Picasso!

This was my third time to come. I've gotten totally addicted to these places. To me it's relaxing and super fun. Not to mention the woman who owns the place and teaches, used to be a kindergarten teacher so she's SUPER pleasant and so sweet.
It's also BYOB and food. So, of course you have the opportunity to drink ALL the wine you want! :)

So here are some pics from my birthday night!
(My sister, mom, and I)
(Posing with some of my gifts PERFECT for me)
(My sister and I)
(Lauren and Future Mom In Law Cheryl)
(Lauren, My Mom, Cheryl)
(The gang with our finished paintings)
(My finished painting)

(My Mom and I)


OKAY and now, seriously my favorite part of my birthday.
My mom ALWAYS gets me the best cakes every year. Last year I had a zebra cake with hot pink all over and diamonds everywhere. So me! 
But, this year she got it SO right. 
I am a HUGE fan of skulls, day of the dead stuff, etc. 
So, she went to the cupcake shop that my sister works at and got them to make this AMAZING cake!

It killed me to cut into this cake! It was just SO pretty! But, it tasted GREAT!
BTW, the cupcake shop is called Rise Cupcakes and they just placed second on Cupcake Wars with Jessica Alba! 
You can check them out here: Rise Cupcakes

And to round out my birthday...my AMAZING boyfriend got me what I've been wanting SO long...a new camera! After trying for so long to figure out what I wanted...I decided to go with this Nikon. I can't wait to test it out! It was seriously the BEST gift!
I couldn't make it to the local Nutcracker Market this year, and I was so sad because all I wanted to go for this year was a Paul Michael Co. cutting board. They are AH-mazing!
My mom and sister got to go, and like the sweetheart she is, my sister picked up one of the cutting boards for me for my birthday!
I absolutely love it! It's going to sit out on my counter all the time. Not even sure I ever want to use it! Haha.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

some_text