Monday, December 30, 2013

New Years Champagne Inspired Cocktails

Trying to adjust after the Holidays has been so hectic!
Coming back from out of town and organizing the house with all the new goodies was really fun for me since I love cleaning things out and organizing anything at all.
I also had time to put away all the Christmas stuff and start on my project of gel staining our cabinets. I started in the guest bath and moved to ours and eventually next week we are going to tackle the kitchen. 
I'll have tons of pics on that later. It's looking awesome and I've only spent $30 so far!

I wanted to share with you guys my favorite New Years cocktails!
I used to bartend for MANY MANY years so I usually get designated as the party drink maker!
Since New Years always requires some Champs...I wanted to share with you some Champagne inspired cocktails! 
Here are a few of my faves!

Peachy-tini
2 oz. Grey Goose Peach or any Peach Vodka
1 part Champagne
1 part Peach Schnapps

Shake the 2 oz. peach vodka with the peach schnapps. 
Pour into glass or martini glass.
Top with champagne.

This is one of my favorites! It's light and tastes SO good! 
It would be good for a different take on your midnight toast!

Blue Lagoon
1 oz. Vodka
1/4 oz. Lemon Juice
2-3 dashes Triple Sec
2-3 dashes Blue Curacao
Champagne

Shake the vodka, lemon juice, triple sec, and blue curacao.
Pour into glass. 
Add champagne.
Garnish with lemon slice.

Flirtini
2 pieces pineapple
.5 oz. Cointreau (Orange Liquor)
.5 oz. Vodka
1 oz. pineapple juice
3 oz. Champagne

Shake cointreau, vodka, and pineapple juice together.
Pour in glass.
Add champagne.
Garnish with pineapple.

Hope you guys get to try some of these! They are so tasty! :)
Also, don't shake the champagne with the other ingredients!
The carbonation will make the shaker either explode or fizz everywhere.

Happy New Year!












2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindi and happy almost New Years! I love love love your cocktail recipes! I work for a liquor store chain in the main buying office, and I have almost every spirit/wine there is and never have any good cocktails to make with them. I cannot wait to try yours tomorrow night and make a dent in my alcohol collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! So glad I can inspire you to use some of your collection! :) I'm going to try and make a dent in mine too! Have a very Happy New Year Stephanie!

    Lindi

    ReplyDelete

some_text