Monday, January 13, 2014

Golden Globes Wrap Up

Well ladies, last night was the Golden Globes and I want to recap some of my favorite and then my least favorite looks!
By the way, I am soo happy with this years winners! I thought all of them were well deserved from Leo in Wolf of Wall Street, Bryan Cranston for Breaking Bad, Dallas Buyers Club scored for Jared Leto and Matthew McConaughey. Then, the ladies were on point winning for American Hustle were Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams! 

So this might get kind of lengthy because I really don't want to leave some of these out! :)

Let's start with the always beautiful Amber Heard wearing Atelier Versace, Versace clutch and gorgeous Jimmy Choo shoes. I love love this look on her she's definitely a bombshell and rocking the Angelina Jolie leg. Now, the hair...it's a little tall for my liking and I so wish she was still blonde!
Next Amy Adams wearing Valentino. I love that she stayed with her American Hustle low cut style! The color was gorgeous on her and I loved the long pendant she wore with the open cut of the dress. She also won! 
On to the stunning Sofia Vergara....she always looks so flawless and her curves are perfect! 
Sofia is wearing Zac Posen with that beautiful Lorraine Schwartz jewels! Love this simple look on her since she usually goes for beaded numbers.
Now Mila Kunis...don't look like you're having a good time or anything! She's wearing Gucci Premiere. I think the dress is pretty but I am honestly not liking the look around the neck. Plus, if I got invited to the Golden Globes I wouldn't be looking so irritated! Haha. Pep up girl!
Margot Robbie looked flawless. I think this is not the last we are going to see of her. I think she's going to become a super A-lister in America. At least I hope so!  I think the Wolf of Wall Street is just the beginning for her! The Aussie is wearing a Gucci dress.
Drew Barrymore is always so unique and while this Monique Lhuillier dress might be a little much for anyone else I think it's perfect for her. Especially since her make up line is called Flower and all! The mom to be looked really nice and rocking those heels!
I was so excited to see Julia Roberts on a red carpet! It's been too long. Can't say this is my favorite dress though...I found it to be a little boring and wish she would have gone a little more glam. She is wearing Dolce and Gabbana. 
Leslie Mann looked GORGEOUS! Love her as an actress and love the look she went for! This dress is so pretty on her figure. She is wearing Dolce and Gabbana.
Kaley Cuoco is a gorgeous newly wed! I think this dress is really unique and I think she looks gorgeous. I am usually so upset when I see her on the red carpet cause her hair is always just SO wrong. Well, I don't think she could get anymore right than she did with this look! So pretty! She is wearing a Rani Zakhem dress.
Okay, take a deep breath because this look might take your breath away!!! Kate Beckinsale wearing Zuhair Murad which I may add is one of my favorite designers. This look is FLAWLESS. She got it SO right. From hair to make up and accessories. Perfection! 
Insert sad face...Paula Patton wearing Stephane Rolland Couture...this has to be one of my least favorite looks. I think Paula is a gorgeous woman but this dress was just TOO much...if you see it straight on it's just a hot mess. She's so pretty that all she needed was a simple glamourous dress. Unfortunately, I predict she will be on a few worst dressed lists! Including mine! 
Welcome to tinsel town Lupita Nyong'o! What an entrance this girl has made! Being nominated for her work in 12 Years A Slave was nothing compared to the entrance she made on her first red carpet. She is WORKING this gorgeous crimson dress by Ralph Lauren. I thought this was so brave and looked so gorgeous on her with the minimal jewels. Stunning.
In my opinion Sandra Bullock can do no wrong. I think she is always so flawless and such a great actress. Her make up is gorgeous here but, I 'm just not IN LOVE with her dress. I do think it's very fun but, kinda lackluster. Hair and make up though, LOVE. She is wearing Prabal Gurung.
Oh Emma Watson...why? I'm sure some people like this...but, I don't at all. Not for the Golden Globes. Pants? Really? I just find this look to be a little boring for my taste. Especially since she has worn some really great dresses. Emma is wearing Dior Couture. 
Lastly, one of my favorite looks and who I didn't get a chance to see watch the red carpet...not sure why? Is Maria Menounos. This dress is SOOO gorgeous! I love how she rocked some color and the cutouts are so pretty! Flawless! She is wearing a Max Azria Atelier dress.
Whew! Was that enough for you?! There was just so many dresses I didn't want to pass up and not comment on. I am so excited for award season to be underway! :) 
By the way, can we just talk about this for a second?!
How much do you love Jennifer Lawrence for always being her crazy self. LOVE IT! Haha.

So ready for these next award shows!
Happy Monday!














4 comments:

  1. We had very similar picks!! Maria was my number one as well…I just thought the color was so fun and fresh!! Also, I while i was very underwhlemed with Julia Roberts "dress" - her make-up was perfect!! Love awards season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Her make up and hair were amazing but the "dress" I just wasn't that excited about it. Maria though...LOOOOVEEED it! Haha. Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this! I think Sofia can never go wrong, she is flawless! :) Thanks for sharing!

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Shows that curvy girls can have it going on too! :)

      Delete

some_text