Monday, January 6, 2014

Grout Makes Me Grouchy

One of the things in the house we just bought that has been driving my crazy is the grout!
The previous owner updated just about everything in the house when we bought it.
It was built in 2007.
But, the grout was just HORRIBLE!

I was on a mission to either clean it until it was perfect or figure something else out if that didn't work.

So, I tried the whole bleach mixed with dove mixed with baking soda route.
It worked for the most part but it took a while for it to work and a lot of my time. Which I didn't have. You literally had to sit there, scrub and scrub...which does get messy and then let it sit, then wipe it down...and if you have dogs or children...forget about it! 

I found this stuff at our local hardware store that one of the employees swore by. 
I decided to give it a go and let me tell you...LOVE it!
This stuff did wonders for my grout and made it look completely new again.
Plus, it was really simple.
All you have to do is shake the bottle and press it until the white comes out of the sponge and press it to your grout along the line.

Once you do that, I took paper towels and I wiped the excess off my tile and rubbed in the line a little so it wasn't such a BRIGHT white.

It was so simple and didn't take any time at all.
It literally made my grout look brand new. I absolutely love it!

Check out the results!
You can see here the difference between the two. 

ANNNDDD you can see the other current project I've been working on! 
Gel-staining my cabinets! I'll definitely have a tutorial up about that too. 
The results are amazing. I just finished our master bath and guest bathroom and I am SOOO happy with the results! 
I haven't finished the entire kitchen just yet because I wanted to be able to show the difference between the old and the new. So far looks like it's going to look brand new! 
You'll also need to buy a sealant to insure it'll last you a good while!

Let me know what you guys think! 
I can't wait to show ya'll the cabinets I've been slaving over.
I'm hoping to have the kitchen done in the next week or so.
It's kind of a process but the end result is AMAZING.

HAPPY MONDAY!







6 comments:

  1. Crazy how just a little grout can make such a huge difference!!! It looks beautiful!

    Xo Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm super impressed with this product! Thank you Kylie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is looks great!! You did a really good job! :)

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good to me! I am not too familiar with title floor but I say you are doing a good job :)

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well thank ya! :) It's been a pain! Lol.

    ReplyDelete

some_text