Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Rustic Table Setting

Now that the Holidays are over...I am finally finding the time to jump back into decorating the house!
Everyone always told me that you'll think you have a ton of decorations but it won't be enough.
There will be SO much room to fill.
They weren't lying! I had so much stuff before I moved into my house and it's made the smallest dent. I decided to tackle my large dining table this last week.
My whole front room is pretty rustic, so I decided to go with something pretty rustic for the table.
This is the first time I have ever had a table to decorate and I am soo new to this and I am soo indecisive that it's taken me a while to figure out exactly what to do. 
This is my current place setting situation:
I started with the burlap place mats. This is the main piece I wanted to build around because burlap is SO rustic.
I got them from Hobby Lobby for 50% off ($2.00 a each). 
Next, I went for the dark chocolate charger plates from Hobby Lobby ($1.99 each).
Then I found a set of 8 plates from Target that were this really nice creamy color ($20.99 for 8).

Then, I wanted to put some color on the table and I decided to go with turquoise napkins. Reason being, that on my wall next to the table, I have a lot of turquoise rustic style frames, so I thought it would play off of it really nicely.
I got these napkins from Pier 1 Imports on sale for ($2.48 each).

I couldn't decide if I wanted to order some burlap with lace napkin holders that I had found on Etsy or just see what it looked like with some jute tied around the napkins bow-tie style.
Turns out I really like the way the jute looked with the burlap place mats.

Here's a look of the whole table:
Below you can see the wall that I am trying to play the colors off of...and let me tell you this picture is driving me CRAZY since the place mat at the end isn't centered! GRR! OCD at it's finest! Ha. 
Also, here is a closer look at the wall...I need so much more but I thought this was a great start! 
All of the frames are from Hobby Lobby.
Now this is where I need some help! 
I have NO clue what to put in the center of my table.
I thought about getting a bunch of different sized cream colored candles and putting them at all different heights...or something?
I really have no clue what route to go for a centerpiece.
I am open to any and ALL opinions so please comment below and give me some ideas! I would love the help!

Thanks for stopping by you guys! :) 





4 comments:

  1. Your table setting looks so lovely! I love the pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Possible place some tea light candles? Add some romance to dinners :)

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! I gotta figure out something! It's just so dull right now!

      Delete

some_text